Fortnite - What's Your Last Memory of the Wailing Woods


One day, in season 7, you dropped at the Wailing Woods for the last time, and you probably didn't even know it. Now Fortnite Season 8 is here, bringing a lot of changes and updates to the map, and the Volcano taking the place of Wailing Woods, so what's your last memory of the Wailing Woods?

I made a few nostalgia drops at the last night of season 7. Made the last stop at wailing woods, and utilized the rift one particular final time. My last game of season 7 was a drop at the super hero mansion, where I took out a plane one last time and flew around enjoying the scenery. Did not even know they had been going to decay the mansion that bad, so I'm glad I made my final drop there. I genuinely liked the Wailing Woods.

The Wailing Woods was amazing. Now there is nothing like it around the map. A forest is a cool idea, no straightforward access towards the sky, a lot of shadows, a crap ton of cover. It was vastly extra intriguing than all of the cutie cutter houses we get in most PoIs.

My best friend said he knew it'd be his last time there, so he landed there on his last game of Season 7. The zone ended up closing in on the trees of Wailing. But he said he was sad he couldn't get the win, but it was a wholesome moment.

Of course, most of the Fortnite players also said they have a deep nostalgia for Wailing Woods:

  1. It was my favorite spot. Land at the wood put your back to the storm, head for the containers and then go inland. Part of me hopes that they'll release a new map with all the old spots again.
  2. I landed there a lot, even more than I usually do, in season 7. My last two memories were winning a game there and falling there with my brother in the old playground reminiscing on everything we love about wailing as a place in the game, and the art design of the location and the feeling it conveyed.
  3. I knew this was leaving since all the trees were getting brown; it seemed evident that it was going to get overrun by lava or something. BUT I thought the whole underground part would still be there, so I didn't say goodbye, and I can't remember the last time I went down there, def, not the last few times I dropped there since I was trying to do the shooting gallery challenge.
  4. Best memory was my very first game. No idea what I was doing, neither did anyone. Stayed in the woods the whole time, and made it to final 2. The other guy and I had a sniper shoot off for over a minute. No building must hide behind trees.


However, the sadness comes from nostalgia, from a raging volcano to a lot more tropical feel, now there are numbers of new areas for us to explore in Season 8. Just a reminder: If you are looking for some cheap items in Fortnite, visit https://u4n.com/fortnite-items.

Comments